This week marked the start of operations from another railhead in our portfolio. Working with Network Rail on initial design work in 2018, construction started on site in 2019, leading up to the first train of imported aggregates leaving Lowestoft bound for Longport, to help address the growing demand for construction materials.
This adds to the ever-expanding list of railheads we’ve helped along the way to fully-operational status, which in recent years has included:
- Liverpool Tuebrook Sidings (GB Railfreight / Hanson 2021)
- Sheffield Tinsley (Newell and Wright / MLP 2021)
- Newhaven (Brett / Newhaven Port / Network Rail 2020)
- Leicester Humberstone Road (DC Rail 2020)
- Thorney Mill (Link Park Heathrow / Ashville Aggregates 2019)
- Luton (Cemex / Network Rail 2019)
- iPort Doncaster (iPort Rail / Verdion 2018)
We look forward to helping many more on their way in the years to come.